Stockbridge Gutter Services
Addressing the Gutter Repair Needs of Local Homes & Businesses
Gutters are a vital component of a structure, but unfortunately, not many homeowners give much thought to their home’s gutter system. Some don’t even have gutters installed in their homes at all. The truth is that gutters are not a decoration, they serve a key purpose of protecting your home from damage and preserving the integrity of your yard. When they are clogged, cracked, or compromised in any way, you need a professional to repair or replace them immediately.
At Cornerstone Roofing and Restoration, our roofing experts can assist with quality gutter installation, repair, and maintenance services. When you call us, we can clean out your gutters, assess their condition, and give them the care they need to do their job effectively. We only use the best tools and superior materials to fix and install gutters so they can last for years.
Call us today at (770) 767-0408 or fill out our online form to request your free estimate for services. Our Stockbridge gutter repair experts are standing by and ready to help!
Why You Shouldn’t Overlook Your Home’s Gutter System
Have you ever wondered what the point is of having gutters? Maybe you’ve questioned whether they are even necessary to have.
Gutters are a form of rainwater management. Without them, a storm can negatively impact your home’s exterior walls and the ground next to the foundation. Puddles can form, which causes drainage issues on your lawn and kills grass and garden plants. By having properly functioning gutters and downspouts, the water can run off the home in a safe, controlled manner. Most builders install a gutter system into every new house they build to protect the building and surrounding properties.
What can be even worse than not having gutters at all is having clogged or damaged gutters. Over time, twigs and leaves can clog gutters, and if not regularly cleaned out, can cause problems when it rains. The rainwater can pool up in the gutter system, causing an overflow which leads to leaks inside your home; moisture issues on your fascia boards and walls; and insect infestations due to standing water attracting mosquitoes, wasps, and other bugs.
It is recommended you clean your gutters at least two times a year: the first time in the spring, and then once again in the fall before winter arrives. Doing this yourself can be time-consuming and dangerous, so why not call the gutter experts at Cornerstone Roofing and Restoration to handle it for you?
Six Signs You Need to Repair or Replace Your Gutters
Deciding whether your gutters need to be fixed or replaced can be difficult. You want to save money, but you also don’t want the problems that come with having a poorly functioning gutter. So how do you know for sure when it’s time to get new gutters? While calling an expert to inspect your system can give you a clear answer, there are signs that you can check for that may warn you to schedule gutter services soon.
Keep an eye out for the following:
- Cracks: Even the smallest crack in your gutter or downspouts can cause significant leaks. A minor crack may be sealed and repaired, but multiple cracks throughout the system warrant a replacement.
- Separation: Do your gutters look like they are coming apart from the seams or are pulling away from your home? This tends to happen to older systems and indicate that it’s time for new gutters.
- Sagging: If your gutters are sagging or bowing, it means that they are being weighed down by heavy debris or water accumulation. This not only makes your home look older, it indicates your gutters will fail to function properly.
- Mildew: Buildup of mildew around your property is often the result of leaking gutters. These leaks can result and mold and mildew development around the foundation which can make your home both unpleasant and unsafe.
- Rotting: Water damage from leaking gutters can cause your fascia and soffits to rot, meaning more expensive home repairs. Deal with the gutters first so things don’t get worse.
- Peeling: When paint is peeling off your gutters and other areas of your home, this means that there is a leak somewhere. Protect further damage to your home’s paint job by getting your gutters replaced.
Gutter Specialists Serving Homeowners in Covington & Surrounding Communities
Don’t let your home’s condition go down into the gutter. Get your gutters looked at by the talented roofing team at Cornerstone Roofing and Restoration. We will carefully examine your gutters and downspouts and give you our honest and straightforward assessment of their condition. Whether they require repairs, routine maintenance, or a new installation, we will tell you plainly and not try to upsell you work that isn’t necessary. Give us a call and we’ll have your gutters looking as good as new in a hurry.
Dial (770) 767-0408 or submit your info on our website and one of our friendly representatives will schedule your free estimate!